18 Things To Do With Kids in Quebec
With popular and kid-friendly destinations in the city and in the country, the province of Quebec offers something for everyone in the family.
1. Visit the aptly-named Canadian Children's Museum and the popular Great Adventure exhibit in Gatineau, located across the Ottawa River from Ottawa's Parliament Hill.
2. The Children's Museum is inside the Canadian Museum of Civilization – which boasts a large 3-D IMAX Theatre.
3. Take a scenic and historic train ride along the Gatineau River with the Hull-Chelsea-Wakefield Steam Train.
Farm Fruit Picking
4. Go ice skating, listen to music, take on ice sculpture competitions, and let the kids play in the ice playground during the Winterlude celebrations in Gatineau near Ottawa.
5. Reconnect with nature's gardens and rivers or visit the big playgrounds and skateboarding parks at the Centre de la nature near Laval.
6. Visit space camp at the Cosmodome Space Science Centre and explore over 60 interactive terminals in Laval.
7. Catch a Montreal Canadians hockey game at the CentreBell.
8. Catch a major sporting event or kid-friendly festival or just simply browse Olympic history at Montreal's Olympic Stadium.
9. See bright fireworks, enjoy delicious food, and hear great music at the Montreal High Lights Festival, also known as Montréal en Lumière.
10. Feed horses, cows, goats, ducks, and more at Cap-Saint-Jacques Nature Park's Ecological Farm near Montreal. Don't forget to enjoy a picnic in the farm's fields.
11. Spy more than 10,000 marine animals at the Aquarium du Québec.
12. Ride a miniature train ride, a historic streetcar, and more at Quebec City's Canadian Railway Museum.
13. Pick out your own fruit and vegetable basket at Ferme Guillaume Létourneau in Quebec City.
14. Marvel at the 275-feet high Montmorency Falls at Montmorency Falls Park – roughly 14 kilometres north of Quebec City.
15. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride or walk around Old Town Quebec. Don't miss the annual Carnaval de Quebec.
16. Take part in the "largest winter carnival in the world" at the Quebec Winter Carnival, held in January or February in Quebec City.
17. Take family walks, tractor rides, and guided tours throughout the home of over 200 ostriches at the Nid'Otruche in Saint-Eustache.
18. Let the kids enjoy an up-close interaction with the animals of Ferme Laval Gagnon in Sainte-Famille de l'Île d'Orléans.